Call to Schedule!
Sunlighten® Saunas can help strengthen the body’s immune system by stimulating increased production of white blood cells. Sitting in the Sunlighten in the early stages of a cold or flu or virus has been known to stop the disease before symptoms occur. Raising the core body temperature through the use of the infrared sauna can powerfully assist the body to kill bacteria, fungi, parasites, and viruses. This is the basis of fever therapy (also known as hyperthermia) for infections. Many people have a low body temperature and, for this reason, cannot get rid of chronic infections. Common sites of infections are the sinuses, ears, eyes, bladder, throat, and intestines. This can also help as a preventative measure if you have frequent saunas by not giving the virus a chance to replicate. The sauna heats up your body and increases your heart rate. This relaxes the cells in the muscle and expands the walls of the blood vessels increasing blood flow and oxygenation, which helps stimulate white cell production including lymphocytes all working to fight off a virus.
*Discontinue and exit if you have flu-like symptoms
Over the last couple of years, infrared saunas have become more mainstream and are now widely recognized as an effective tool for natural healing and prevention.
But only one company has led the industry by advancing infrared technology as it exists today – Sunlighten®.
Here are five reasons why Sunlighten is the clear choice for personalized infrared light therapy.
1. Proven Highest Quality & Quantity of Far Infrared Light
To deliver health benefits like reduced blood pressure, weight loss, and detoxification, saunas need to emit high concentrations of infrared waves—not just heat. Solocarbon heating panels are the Sunlighten secret sauce. Our patented heater design combines a large surface area, emissivity, and infrared power.
The design of a Solocarbon heater allows for most of the far-infrared wavelength to be near 9.4 microns, which is the level at which the human body absorbs infrared energy. This is also the frequency at which a water molecule resonates or vibrates. This vibration causes the release of cellular toxins. Emissivity is the ability of an object to emit or absorb energy. A perfect black body has an emissivity of 1, emitting 100% of infrared energy. An object with an emissivity of 0.6 will absorb 60% and reflect 40% of the energy. For infrared therapy to be successful, sauna heaters must have a high emissivity level to deliver a high concentration of infrared waves. As your body absorbs high levels of infrared, it begins to heal at the cellular level. Without high emissivity, a sauna may produce heat, but it won’t provide healing infrared. Sunlighten Solocarbon FIR heaters are clinically proven to be 95% emissive. This is why Solocarbon panels are the only far infrared heaters clinically shown to raise core body temperature nearly 3° for the most detoxifying sweat, lower systolic and diastolic blood pressure and aid in weight loss.
2. 3-in-1 for True Full Spectrum Infrared
The infrared spectrum consists of near (NIR), mid (MIR), and far (FIR) waves, each with distinct characteristics and frequency ranges. It’s impossible to deliver these three peak wavelengths at one time from a single source. That’s why Sunlighten developed a unique technology that combines three heating elements in one sauna heater. Solocarbon 3-in-1 heaters combine three distinct components within a single heating panel to provide near, mid and far-infrared at their peak wavelengths.
- Near-Infrared (photobiomodulation therapy) – the shortest infrared wavelength and penetrates the skin’s surface more effectively than the other two. Scientific research shows that when delivered at the vital wavelength of 880nm without extreme heat or light, NIR promotes skin renewal, cell health, wound healing, and tissue growth. NIR heaters consisting of high-wattage halogen bulbs at extremely high temperatures are not comfortable or beneficial. In order to make NIR heat safe for saunas, we used NASA research to develop a patented LED array that provides NIR at a singular wavelength with minimal variability and virtually undetectable heat and light. LEDs are effective because they can trigger a natural photo-biochemical reaction (similar to how plants use chlorophyll to convert sunlight into plant tissue). Research from Dr. Harry Whelan, it takes a specific joule of NIR energy to deliver the wavelength needed to penetrate human tissue.
- Mid-infrared (MIR)- a longer wavelength that can penetrate deeper into the body’s soft tissue where inflammation occurs. MIR helps expand blood vessels and increases circulation, so more oxygen can reach injured areas of the body. This reduces pain and speeds the healing process. View 3-in-1 study on pain relief. To produce MIR, sauna heaters must be able to maintain a surface temperature of 250⁰C. Though many sauna companies claim to provide full-spectrum, the polypropylene material used in their heaters actually melts at the high temperature required for MIR. We worked with engineers and scientists to overcome this obstacle by using a higher quality product – DuPont’s Kapton® polyimide film—a high tech material made to tolerate the high heat required to produce MIR. Plus, since our full spectrum heaters are made up of three distinct heating elements, the MIR layer can be heated independently to a higher temperature than the FIR layer.
- Far infrared (FIR) – the longest wavelength, reaches deepest into the body, where toxins are stored. By raising your core body temperature, FIR stimulates the sweat glands, resulting in a deep, detoxifying sweat that leaves you feeling revitalized. We already achieved the most effective far infrared heater with our highly emissive Solocarbon heater coating. We’ve applied that same coating to our polyimide panel and discovered this application makes it 99% emissive!
3. 3-in-1 Wellness Programs
Because the three heating mechanisms within our full spectrum heaters operate independently, you can program them to generate any combination of NIR, MIR, and FIR heat. You can optimize the IR power, output, and intensity based on your specific needs during each sauna session. Or you can choose one of our preset wellness programs.
Research shows that specific parts of the infrared spectrum are effective at producing different health benefits. Our 3-in-1 sauna blends the optimal wavelengths—near, mid, and far—to achieve specific results. Seven preset wellness programs are ready to use at the touch of a button.
4. Acoustic Resonance Therapy
Available in our wooden saunas, Acoustic Resonance Therapy (A.R.T.) creates an environment for the body to experience the benefits of sound and vibrational healing in an integrative way. Feeling the music we hear brings our body into harmony physically, mentally and emotionally through stimulating our feeling sense. Combining infrared therapy and A.R.T. provides a natural healing environment that can benefit everyone.
5. ENJOY VS. ENDURE
There are infrared saunas on the market with high-wattage, red halogen bulbs that create an incredibly hot experience. This technology is neither beneficial (because it doesn’t emit the optimal infrared frequency) or enjoyable for the end-user. An extremely hot environment can make it difficult to stay in for the full session. One of the many reasons why our customers love Sunlighten infrared treatments is because of the comfortable, gentle heat that is enjoyable for the entire session and they know they are getting the full benefits because it is proven to deliver the highest dose of infrared energy that the body can absorb. Layer on ART and it feels like heaven.
After a Sunlighten infrared session, you will feel invigorated, light, energized, and ready to come back for more. Sunlighten is an addiction you can feel good about.
What do I wear?
When will I start sweating?
Do I need a Doctor’s note?
Is the Infrared coming from lights?
Are there any studies on infrared therapy?
Are children allowed to use the sauna?
Is it ok to use the sauna while breastfeeding?
Can I sauna while pregnant?
Are there any contraindications for sauna use?
*Just as you would not leave your cell phone in your car on a hot day, we do not recommend taking cells phones, Apple watches or other electronics in the sauna. The electronics that are built into the sauna are designed for a heated environment.